Las Pinas to Makati Bike Ride with an Electric Guitar is the Shiz

Dec 26, 2013

Woke up 9:30 AM. Just confirmed I'll be getting the Epiphone SG at Las Piñas

Googled how to get there, saw it was only 18kms. Here's the route Figured it was near since I biked that distance during 1 triathlon. So decided to use my mountain bike Hussar. Listened to Full Metal Alchemist - Brotherhood soundtrack on the way. Nakakaadik tong OST ng anime nato (pag napanood mo lang yung anime). On the way there, it wasn't really a good experience - just saw rivers with trash, just smoked the smoke belching trucks and buses. Anyway the bike ride was 10:30 AM to approx 12 PM. Was already gasping for breath at SM Sucat and was worried the deal would be cancelled cause the original meetup time with the seller was 11AM. But he confirmed he would wait for me even if I'm late. I passed through tight roads, wet markets, sights were full of trash again and again, probably due to the recent festivities? Kids were throwing the classic 5-star and watusi under my bike. LOL

12PM Got the goods. The owner had a collection of guitars, I think more than 20+, and he's selling them 1 by 1 cause he's buying new guitars. He's a CEO of a Cisco Networking company in Makati. He said RFS is he has no more space left for new guitars in his music room. I got it for a good price 8.5k originally 12k from Japan. Yeah. I didn't dare to touch his guitars cause I was really sweaty due to all the biking.

Going home time. Grabbed lunch at some carinderia first and a banana cause I got really exhausted, Bicol express and tokwa't baboy was good. Tried the Grabtaxi app to deliver the goods (guitar and bike) home. But to no avail. No taxis available as per Grabtaxi. Piece of shit. Haha! Then decided to just bike ride home along with the guitar. Hahahahaha! ADVENTURE TIME! Carefully and slowly and surely biked home cause the guitar was dangling and jumping all over the place! Travel time going home was 12:30 PM to almost 3PM. Soundtrack going home was Beck (anime) OST so it was all good.

Was already late for my 2PM shift but it was really worth it :) Thanks to Google Maps Navigation. Directions weren't really accurate cause some roads were dead ends. But it did the job. Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaw whipper snapper!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imbento Box